maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian E. Fox" <bri...@reply.infinity.nu>
Subject RE: maven-enforcer-plugin
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 02:31:41 GMT
Ok, a little more refactoring. The Custom rules can now get to the
ExpressionEvaluator so they can get pretty much anything a plugin could
get. The sites are updated to contain info about the standard rules and
the custom rule creation:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-enforcer-plugin/
http://maven.apache.org/shared/maven-enforcer-rule-api/index.html

I'll let this linger for a day or so and then call a vote if nothing
turns up.

Thanks,
Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian E. Fox [mailto:brianf@reply.infinity.nu]
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2007 11:59 PM
To: Maven Developers List
Subject: RE: maven-enforcer-plugin

I reimplemented the enforcer plugin along the lines of Jason D's idea[1]
and I think this is a much more extensible solution. The rules now
implement a common interface in shared/maven-enforcer-rule-api and users
will be able to inject their own custom rules. By defining the interface
external to the plugin, the Lint idea that JVZ put out[2] should be able
to invoke these rules, as will IDEs.

Please take a look at the site to see how the plugin works and provide
any suggestions. I still need to document how to create your own rules
and inject them, but I believe everything else is covered. A snapshot of
1.0-alpha-1 has also been deployed for testing. (I believe Geronimo is
already using it)

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-enforcer-plugin  (just deployed,
may take a while to refresh)

[1]