maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Maven Ant Tasks 2.0.6
Date Sat, 21 Apr 2007 23:35:03 GMT

On 21 Apr 07, at 5:30 PM 21 Apr 07, Hervé BOUTEMY wrote:

> Le samedi 21 avril 2007 22:09, Jason van Zyl a écrit :
>> I'll stage them again and you can test those:
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~jvanzyl/staging-repository/maven-ant-
>> tasks-2.0.6/
>>
>> If you find those to be all right then I'll call a vote again and
>> we'll get them out.
> No, there is a problem with them :(
>
> I'll be more precise : file
> http://people.apache.org/~jvanzyl/staging-repository/maven-ant-
> tasks-2.0.6/org/apache/maven/maven-ant-tasks/2.0.6/maven-ant-
> tasks-2.0.6.jar
> with date "21-Apr-2007 13:06" and size "917K"
> It has the problem mentioned in MANTTASKS-64: it does not contain
> o.a.m.wagon.providers.
>
> I tried to generate myself the jar on trunk, 2.0.x branch and 2.0.6
> tag: each
> time I got a good jar, size 931K, containing file and http lightweight
> providers. I'm running Maven 2.0.6 on Linux with no custom
> component AFAIK.
>
> Can you check your compile environment and try a new build?

It work fine on its own, it's when it's built with the release plugin
it doesn't work. I knew this but forgot to check as to why. It run to
the integration-test phase but something is causing a problem with
the build is done by the release plugin. Probably something simple.
I'll track it down in the morning.

>> Thanks for helping out.
> Thanks to you: there are a lot of small patches ready for 2.0.7,
> but this
> 2.0.6 step is harder to achieve than expected.

The build is fine and the jar is produced correctly. It's the release
plugin causing the problem.

We'll sort it out.

Jason.