maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Asgeir Nilsen" <asge...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OMG... mvn -X spits out soooooo much junk
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2007 07:28:05 GMT
> I'd really like to see the logging output in Maven have some finer
> controls.  *most* of the time I just want debugging information from
> my plugins, including a brief overview of the artifact they came
> from, the arguments to the mojo and then the mojos log.debug() output.

>From what I've been able to infer from reading a bit of Maven source,
the Plexus container should be able to have its LoggerManager replaced
with, say a Log4j / SLF4J LoggerManager, enabling full control of
logging destinations, levels, and filtering for each separate plugin /
component.

So what does it take to change the LoggerManager, for instance via a
plugin or other bits in the POM?

Asgeir