maven-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Brett Porter <>
Subject Re: Doxia and Site Plugin
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2007 00:05:50 GMT
What was the final verdict on the velocity processing?

I can see this doesn't break a lot now because it's only properties,  
but I know the next thing someone is going to ask for is to filter $ 
{project.*} which will break a bunch of docs. I'd still prefer the  
user make a conscious decision to have a document filtered (all they  
need to do is whack a .vm extension on the document). I also note the  
current site has an ugly exception during generation due to this,  
though it does handle the outcome correctly.

Will the site plugin be another beta release? Looking at the current  
JIRA, I think the 2.0 still represents a beta-quality release, where  
2.0.1 looks more like 2.0.

Thinking ahead a little to that 2.0, I think there are a few more  
things to consider.

Firstly, I think we need a 1.0 of doxia and sitetools first (MSITE-101).

The doxia svn arrangement is still not resolved IMO. I originally  
thought you were going to put them under one trunk, not separate  
ones. I don't mind them separate, as long as we are agreeing to  
release them on different timescales, but if we are just going to  
release them with the same version tracking each other every time  
then I think it's pointless. If they are going to be released  
separately, then the site tools need a new JIRA project. So one way  
or the other something needs to be completed here.

The following issues unscheduled seem important for a 1.0 doxia / 2.0  
site plugin (just by glancing at subjects):
- DOXIA-92
- DOXIA-82
- DOXIA-91
- DOXIA-95

In addition to those currently scheduled for 2.0.1, I'd also add  
(again, just by glancing at subjects):
- MSITE-218
- MSITE-130
- MSITE-141
- MSITE-47 / general improvement of error handling in doxia
- MSITE-135
- MSITE-163
- MSITE-170 (can probably be fixed by a velocity update to 1.5)
- MSITE-194
- MSITE-177
- MSITE-179

Should I update these issue's fix for version?

- Brett

On 02/04/2007, at 4:48 AM, Jason van Zyl wrote:

> Hi,
> As promised I'll get these out for  release this week. I did find a  
> problem with new container components (doxia, i18n) running in the  
> older container so I have to fix that first later today and then I  
> will do the Doxia release process and then the site plugin process.  
> I know there are a couple issues left to fix with the site plugin  
> and I'll get those fixed.
> Jason.
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail:
> For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message