maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Doxia and Site Plugin
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2007 00:05:50 GMT
What was the final verdict on the velocity processing?

I can see this doesn't break a lot now because it's only properties,
but I know the next thing someone is going to ask for is to filter $
{project.*} which will break a bunch of docs. I'd still prefer the
user make a conscious decision to have a document filtered (all they
need to do is whack a .vm extension on the document). I also note the
current site has an ugly exception during generation due to this,
though it does handle the outcome correctly.

Will the site plugin be another beta release? Looking at the current
JIRA, I think the 2.0 still represents a beta-quality release, where
2.0.1 looks more like 2.0.

Thinking ahead a little to that 2.0, I think there are a few more
things to consider.

Firstly, I think we need a 1.0 of doxia and sitetools first (MSITE-101).

The doxia svn arrangement is still not resolved IMO. I originally
thought you were going to put them under one trunk, not separate
ones. I don't mind them separate, as long as we are agreeing to
release them on different timescales, but if we are just going to
release them with the same version tracking each other every time
then I think it's pointless. If they are going to be released
separately, then the site tools need a new JIRA project. So one way
or the other something needs to be completed here.

The following issues unscheduled seem important for a 1.0 doxia / 2.0
site plugin (just by glancing at subjects):
- DOXIA-92
- DOXIA-82
- DOXIA-91
- DOXIA-95

In addition to those currently scheduled for 2.0.1, I'd also add
(again, just by glancing at subjects):
- MSITE-218
- MSITE-130
- MSITE-141
- MSITE-47 / general improvement of error handling in doxia
- MSITE-135
- MSITE-163
- MSITE-170 (can probably be fixed by a velocity update to 1.5)
- MSITE-194
- MSITE-177
- MSITE-179

Should I update these issue's fix for version?

- Brett