maven-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <daniel.k...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Windows/Mac gpg help requested....
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2007 20:17:02 GMT
On Saturday 03 March 2007 11:12, Wendy Smoak wrote:
> On 3/3/07, Wendy Smoak <wsmoak@gmail.com> wrote:
> > What version?  (Both 1.0-SNAPSHOT and 1.0-alpha-3-SNAPSHOT were
> > touched about the same time yesterday.)

The alpha-3 version.    The pom had been updated to 1.0-SNAPSHOT before I
realized it.    I did change the config params and properties and such so
it's not quite "stable" enough yet for a 1.0.

> They both work fine on WindowsXP + Cygwin's gpg.  One odd thing
> though, when it prompts for the pass phrase, there is already one '*'
> displayed:
>
> [INFO] [gpg:sign {execution: sign-artifacts}]
> GPG Passphrase:*

That's a side effect of how it works.   Not much I can do about it.
Basically, a high priority background thread is started that just sits in
a loop sending a backspace + "*" to the screen.   Thus, that star is just
the background thread doing it's work.   JDK 1.6 has methods that would
allow it to work properly, but I don't think we want to require that any
time soon.

Thanks for testing it.

--
J. Daniel Kulp