maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Guijie (Maggie) Ma" <...@wernergl.com>
Subject Re: about Maven release-plugin
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2007 07:06:23 GMT
Yes, for the application of our company, we hope to release different modules with different
version. Could we do any modification to the  source code of Maven release-plugin? What suggestion
about that?

Maggie

On 12 Feb 07, at 1:04 AM 12 Feb 07, Barrie Treloar wrote:

> On 2/12/07, Guijie (Maggie) Ma <mma@wernergl.com> wrote:
>> But if there are more than one module and there are dependency
>> between, the change of one module can lead the  version changes of
>> other modules. The change rule of version number should be
>> different, not all be updated from 0.5.0-SNAPSHOT to 0.5.1-
>> SNAPSHOT, maybe from 0.5.0-SNAPSHOT to 0.6.0-SNAPSHOT.
>>
>> Could I change the rule of the version identification ? Thank you!
>
> I believe Maven has designed Modules to be released as a group.

People generally in practice release modules together. But there is
nothing stopping you from patching maven-core and releasing that and
popping it in your $M2_HOME/lib directory for example. From a large
application with many modules it would be convenient to just upgrade
the few modules that have changed.

> They are an all or nothing concept.  You do not release modules
> individually.

Not sure where that notion came from. Nothing stops you from
releasing an individual module.