maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Re: Where are plug-in classpaths resolved?
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 01:42:52 GMT
On 6 Dec 06, at 8:18 PM 6 Dec 06, Brett Porter wrote:

> DefaultPluginManager is the place to look. You are looking for the
> creation of a child plexus container, and jar resources being added
> to that.

On the code we're about to merge into trunk the container creation is
now gone. It's the same place in the DefaultPluginManager but we are
now creating a Realm per component which is a Realm per plugin (maven
plugin = plexus component). So there is no multiple container
creation per run of Maven. This code is about to be merged to trunk
if it is not already.

Jason.