maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan Mosely" <alan.mos...@googlemail.com>
Subject [m2]Error running remote debug
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2006 10:15:57 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to run a remote debug on an example project (daytrader from the
Better Builds with Maven book) using Eclipse.
I set SET MAVEN_OPTS=-Xdebug -Xnoagent
-Djava.compiler=NONE-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=y,address=5005
and then run a
remote java application debug from Eclipse.
The problem occurs when the debug is triggered, the project installs however
my breakpoints are not respected. More importantly I am given the following
error message:
[DEBUG] Debugging Maven, attach debugger to port 5005
Transport error, error code = -1

After a search on google there seems to be no other instance of this
transport error -1.

Has anyone ran into this before or can provide any insight into what is
going wrong?

Thank you for your help,
Alan