maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: please sync m1 and m2 repos for Xerces 2.8.1
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 19:16:33 GMT
Nathan Beyer wrote:

> Xerces doesn't build with either Maven 1 or Maven 2; everything is
> built with a custom Ant script. I created a custom POM and deployed
> using deploy:deploy-file for the binary and source JAR to m2 and then
> to m1 by setting the repo type to legacy.
>
> I essentially duplicated what exists for Xerces 2.8.0 (it's in both
> repos). I just updated the POM to reference the latest parent and
> added some more reference information. Consumers requested these
> deployments for m2 and I assume some people would want the m1 repo as
> well.
>
> What's the prescribed thing to do? The documentation isn't great and
> what exists seems to conflict and when I posted a question on this
> list earlier responses weren't necessarily conflicting, but they
> differed.

I've meanwhile learned from Brett , that if you deploy to the M2 repo, this
is automatically also available for M1.

But I have also the problem, if you have stuffed the same artifact into the
M1 & M2 repo and they were synched ... what should I do to resolve this?
Remove the artifact from the M1 repo and request again for a sync?

- Jörg