maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Re: Next Maven 1.x using the new central repository
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2006 14:25:39 GMT

On 5 Oct 06, at 5:29 PM 5 Oct 06, Arnaud HERITIER wrote:

> Hi Jason.
>
>  The eternal question ;-)
>  We planned with Lukas to release the first RC during September.
> But as you
> saw it, nothing happened. Lukas and I had some personal constraints
> that
> didn't allow us to do it. And our new committers disappeared
> somewhere in
> the space :-)

Sure, I'm not trying to push you for a date I'm really just
interesting in lining up the repository usage. Just pointing the
central repository property to repo1.maven.org would be great as then
we can control repository usage from a single place.

>  I opened an issue to not forgot to do it before the RC1 :
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MAVEN-1789
>  I did the change locally and it works fine. I'll try to commit it
> and to
> publish a snapshot ASAP.
>
>  Is there someone who planned to work on
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/WAGON-62 to allow us to know the
> user agent
> used to download artifacts ?

I believe that Joakim said he would take a crack at this. This is not
critical but would help with some stats gathering.