maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Maven Sandbox
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2006 16:36:06 GMT
Hi,

The Apache Maven project now has a sandbox that is open to all
committers at Apache. If you've ever had an idea for a Maven plugin,
wanted to help with a release, or just hack around something related
to Maven you can use the Maven Sandbox. You don't need to ask for
permission, if you have an Apache account that's all you need to hack
away! You can find the sandbox here:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/sandbox/

If you are planning on working on something that exists, though, you
may want to post to the dev list to see if someone is working on it
already, or check JIRA to see if there exist issues related to what
you would like to work on. If you're just totally experimenting then
we suggest that you just take a copy of whatever you want to work on
from trunk, hack away, and periodically merge from trunk to your copy
so that when you're ready to show us your stunning work it will be
easy to merge into the main line.

We are hoping this lowers the barrier for participation in the Maven
project, and also allow us to take more advantage of all the work
that has been put forth by volunteers. Trying to consume patches from
JIRA is tedious and work often goes stale which we would like to
avoid at all costs. So if you're interested in Maven and you're an
Apache committer then we've tried to make collaboration with us easier!

Thanks,

Jason.