maven-dev mailing list archives

From fogwolf <tav...@hotmail.com>
Subject manually managing external dependencies in maven 2
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2006 21:23:48 GMT

Hi,

I'm using Maven 2 for managing my Java projects in Eclipse & am wondering
how I can manually get Maven to check for any new external dependencies in
my pom.xml & automatically download them to the local repository without
having to call "maven compile". I have a Java Mojo that I run after adding
dependencies to a project's pom which updates Eclipse's .classpath file with
any added dependencies but then Eclipse flags the project with an error if
it's not a dependency already stored in my local repository. How could I add
a step to download any new dependencies from this plugin I've written?

Thanks!