maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Swenson, Eric" <Eric.Swen...@am.sony.com>
Subject RE: Creating a .wsr file artifact
Date Sat, 07 Oct 2006 07:16:31 GMT
I looked in both the maven-jar-plugin and the maven-war-plugin and don't
see any components.xml.  Yet these both appear to define a default life
cycle mapping (somehow).  -- Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: Swenson, Eric
Sent: Friday, October 06, 2006 11:56 PM
To: Maven Developers List
Subject: RE: Creating a .wsr file artifact

Thanks Nathan.  But I'm still not getting anywhere.  I assume what
you're saying is that I need to add a META-INF/plexus/components.xml to
my plugin jar.  I've done that (but perhaps the contents is still not
right), but I still get the error message, upon doing an "mvn compile"
or "mvn package" that says:

[INFO] Cannot find lifecycle mapping for packaging: 'wsr'.
Component descriptor cannot be found in the component repository:
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.mapping.LifecycleMappingwsr.

If I do see the META-INF/plexus/components.xml in my maven-wsr-plugin
jar file.

Also, I modeled my maven-wsr-plugin after maven-war-plugin (I started
with the same codebase and removed the web.xml-related stuff and
replaced with web-service.xml-related stuff).  And maven-war-plugin
doesn't have a components.xml in it.  So why does maven-war-plugin allow
me to do "mvn compile" and "mvn package" but maven-wsr-plugin doesn't?
Is there some other registry that needs updating?  When I install the
plugin in the repository, do I need any special steps or is the "mvn
install" (on the maven-wsr-plugin project) enough?

Thanks. -- Eric