maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Swenson, Eric" <Eric.Swen...@am.sony.com>
Subject RE: Creating a .wsr file artifact
Date Sat, 07 Oct 2006 04:33:38 GMT
Well, I've made progress since my post.  However, I still have an issue.
I now have a maven-wsr-plugin, which I based on maven-war-plugin and I'm
able to compile my project with:

	mvn compiler:compile

and package my project (into a .wsr file) with:

	mvn wsr:wsr

However, what I can't do is perform the compile/package/install
automatically by simply doing:

	mvn install

This works for jar and war files.  But for my wsr files, it doesn't.
When I attempt either an:

	mvn compile

or

	mvn install

I get the error:

$ mvn compile
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
----
[INFO] Building NemoPersonalizationService
[INFO]    task-segment: [compile]
[INFO]
----
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Cannot find lifecycle mapping for packaging: 'wsr'.
Component descriptor cannot be found in the component repository:
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.mapping.LifecycleMappingwsr.

or

$ mvn install
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
----
[INFO] Building NemoPersonalizationService
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO]
----
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Cannot find lifecycle mapping for packaging: 'wsr'.
Component descriptor cannot be found in the component repository:
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.mapping.LifecycleMappingwsr.

If my pom uses <packaging>jar</packaging>

I'm able to use "mvn compile" or "mvn package" or "mvn install".

How can I enable this for my maven-wsr-plugin (e.g. pom files with
<packaging>wsr</packaging>?

-- Eric