maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Swenson, Eric" <Eric.Swen...@am.sony.com>
Subject Creating a .wsr file artifact
Date Sat, 07 Oct 2006 00:52:38 GMT
I'm using Maven 2.0.4 and need to produce a .wsr file.  A .wsr file is a
jboss web service archive and is very similar to a .war file, a .sar
file, and an .ear file.  I've tried two tacts so far, neither
successful.

The first approach was to take the mavin-war-plugin sources, renaming
all instances of "war" to "wsr" and using it.  I had to make a copy of
the WarArchiver class (org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.WarArchiver) and
rename it, too, to WsrArchiver in order to get the generated plugin.xml
to not refer to WarArchiver.  However, I was never able to get this
plugin to work.  I kept getting errors telling me that the life cycle
manager could not find a mapping for "wsr".

I gave up and tried to figure out how to get maven to simply rename the
artifact after the package goal - I went back to using war files.  I
wanted to simply rename this from a war file to a wsr file.  But I could
never figure out how to do that.  It would appear that the <format> in
an <assembly> (I used "zip") also dictated the file extension placed on
the output of the assembly.

Can someone give me some hints on how to accomplish what I need to do?
I would actually like to get the mavin-wsr-plugin to work because I'd
like to be able to add more wsr-related smarts to the packaging (there
are additional files in a wsr that are not in a war).  But I can't
figure out how to get a copy of mavin-war-plugin to work with the *only*
change being that the file extension of the artifact is changed to "wsr"
(from "war").

Can anyone help?  -- Eric