maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephane Nicoll" <stephane.nic...@gmail.com>
Subject MNG-2571 - weird exception using the embedder
Date Sun, 01 Oct 2006 09:04:44 GMT
Hi,

I think I've discovered a weird bug[1] in plexus and/or the maven
embedder and I am unable to find what's wrong.

I am using the embedder to create a test suite for the Ear Plugin ; it
has a 'modules' complex configuration section which is an array of
EarModules[2]. When running the plugin with maven normally, it works
fine and the EarModule array is populated with the pom's configuration
settings.

With the embedder, I got an ArrayStoreException[3], meaning that we
tried to copy a value with a wrong type in the array.

I've tracked down the error to ArrayConverter in
plexus-container-default. The thing I don't understand is that I am
unable to understand the cause of the exception. I have added
quick&dirty debugging statements in a local checkout of
plexus-container-default-alpha9 and it gives the following:

The component Type is[ interface org.apache.maven.plugin.ear.EarModule]
The values elements are the following
Object class[org.apache.maven.plugin.ear.EjbModule] - is NOT
assignable to[interface org.apache.maven.plugin.ear.EarModule] !!!

When I copy paste this debugging statement in a JUnit test and I build
the EjbModule object myself it gives the following:

The component Type is[ interface org.apache.maven.plugin.ear.EarModule]
The values elements are the following
Object class[org.apache.maven.plugin.ear.EjbModule] - is assignable
to[interface org.apache.maven.plugin.ear.EarModule]

So what am I missing? How come that 'isInstance' method from the Class
object could return different results?

Any idea?

Thanks,
St├ęphane

[1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-2571
[2] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-ear-plugin/howto.html
[3] http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/lang/ArrayStoreException.html

--
Un chewing-gum? Non merci, jamais pour parler.