maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject [vote] Allowing Ant-based plugins to use file-based resources
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 22:33:24 GMT
Hi,

I chatted with Kenney briefly about allowing ant-based plugins to
unpack resources from a known location to a known location so they
things like shell scripts can be executed.

So, in a nutshell I would like to add some capability to unpack the
resources in an ant-based plugin JAR to ${basedir}/target/<artifact-
id> and from there if the ant scripts want to reference file based
resources they can. My particular use case is a user that wants to
leverage all the bash and perl they have already use with their ant
builds but they want them to be reusable.

If no one objects I'll do the work on trunk and then merge it to the
branch. It's a new feature but it's super simple (10 lines) and it
would certainly be useful in 2.0.5.

Jason