maven-dev mailing list archives

From "John Casey" <casey.joh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RE: manually managing external dependencies in maven 2
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2006 17:18:36 GMT
You might be able to use the "go-offline" mojo in the
maven-dependency-plugin, which is still in snapshots before its next release
IIRC. You would have to add:

<pluginRepositories>
  <pluginRepository>
    <id>apache.snapshots</id>
    <url>http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository</url>
  </pluginRepository>
</pluginRepositories>

Then, you could call/bind the go-offline mojo to download the new
dependencies to the local repository.

You could also use "@requiresDependencyResolution test" in the class-level
javadocs for your own mojo, which would make it download new dependencies
before running...that's probably more elegant, in fact.

Is that what you wanted to do?

-john