maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathan Beyer" <nbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: please sync m1 and m2 repos for Xerces 2.8.1
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 17:30:23 GMT
Xerces doesn't build with either Maven 1 or Maven 2; everything is
built with a custom Ant script. I created a custom POM and deployed
using deploy:deploy-file for the binary and source JAR to m2 and then
to m1 by setting the repo type to legacy.

I essentially duplicated what exists for Xerces 2.8.0 (it's in both
repos). I just updated the POM to reference the latest parent and
added some more reference information. Consumers requested these
deployments for m2 and I assume some people would want the m1 repo as
well.

What's the prescribed thing to do? The documentation isn't great and
what exists seems to conflict and when I posted a question on this
list earlier responses weren't necessarily conflicting, but they
differed.

-Nathan