maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Re: [vote] Allowing Ant-based plugins to use file-based resources
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2006 14:16:57 GMT

On 6 Oct 06, at 8:24 PM 6 Oct 06, Kenney Westerhof wrote:

> +1, and i'm really curious how you would fit that into 10 lines.. ;)

After I worked on Plexus Archiver it's now 12 lines :-)

> Btw, IIRC the current ant plugin tools already unpack the jar to /
> tmp/someplace
> so they can specify the location to the build.xml in the archive; I
> seem to remember
> that you couldn't just present an InputStream or URL to Ant to
> parse a build.xml.

Yah, this is in the AntScriptInvoker which is cool. But I need a
modification so that resources are unpacked before the build.xml file
is executed. So I'm making an addition to the AntMojoWrapper but I
need to add a few things:

1) the plugin JAR from the repository
2) the plugin id
3) the MavenProject so I can get the target directory

I was hoping I could get these from the plugin context, which is just
a Map, but there's nothing in there. So I can populate it in the
DefautPluginManager which is what I would like to do. John, is there
any other way to push values in the plugin context. I see the code in
the ReactorManager, and MavenSession but I'm not sure how you have
been using the context.

Anyway, I would like to make this change in the trunk and then in
branch as I don't think this is a huge change and highly useful.