maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian E. Fox" <bri...@reply.infinity.nu>
Subject RE: RE: manually managing external dependencies in maven 2
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2006 23:21:25 GMT
Actually it sounds like you just want dependency:resolve which does
exactly what you ask. This one is released in the mojo version:
org.codehaus.mojo:dependency-maven-plugin:1.0

-----Original Message-----
From: John Casey [mailto:casey.john.d@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 1:19 PM
To: Maven Developers List
Subject: Re: RE: manually managing external dependencies in maven 2

You might be able to use the "go-offline" mojo in the
maven-dependency-plugin, which is still in snapshots before its next
release IIRC. You would have to add:

<pluginRepositories>
  <pluginRepository>
    <id>apache.snapshots</id>
    <url>http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository</url>
  </pluginRepository>
</pluginRepositories>

Then, you could call/bind the go-offline mojo to download the new
dependencies to the local repository.

You could also use "@requiresDependencyResolution test" in the
class-level javadocs for your own mojo, which would make it download new
dependencies before running...that's probably more elegant, in fact.

Is that what you wanted to do?

-john