maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian E. Fox" <bri...@reply.infinity.nu>
Subject RE: Problem listing a projects deps transitivly
Date Sat, 07 Oct 2006 12:55:10 GMT
Take a look at the maven-dependency-plugin. There is a
transitivityFilter class that does what you want. It's essentially like
this: project.getArtifacts is all dependencies including transitive.
Project.getDependencies are all non transitive dependencies. To get the
list of transitive, you need to do artifacts - dependencies.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Dillon [mailto:jason.dillon@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Jason
Dillon
Sent: Saturday, October 07, 2006 4:00 AM
To: Maven Developers List
Subject: Problem listing a projects deps transitivly

I've been trying for several weeks to figure out how to get a list of
the dependencies of a project, or an artifact transitively from a mojo.
So far all of my attempts do not result in anything like I expect.

I either get no deps, or all of the deps in my project... like I find
that "junit:junit:jar:3.8.1:test" depends on modules in my own project
which is complete crap.

Can someone please help... maybe write a simple mojo that will info log
all of the deps of the current project in a tree?  That would be very
helpful.

I'm really getting frustrated with this :-(

--jason