maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Arnaud HERITIER" <aherit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Next Maven 1.x using the new central repository
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2006 14:33:04 GMT
On 10/9/06, Jason van Zyl <jason@maven.org> wrote:

> On 5 Oct 06, at 5:29 PM 5 Oct 06, Arnaud HERITIER wrote:
>
> > Hi Jason.
> >
> >  The eternal question ;-)
> >  We planned with Lukas to release the first RC during September.
> > But as you
> > saw it, nothing happened. Lukas and I had some personal constraints
> > that
> > didn't allow us to do it. And our new committers disappeared
> > somewhere in
> > the space :-)
>
> Sure, I'm not trying to push you for a date I'm really just
> interesting in lining up the repository usage. Just pointing the
> central repository property to repo1.maven.org would be great as then
> we can control repository usage from a single place.

;-)
I'm trying to publish a new snapshot this afternoon.
This snapshot will use, by default, the new repository.
There's also a fix for the last big incompatibility with maven 1.0.x : it
supports XML entities in the POM which will (I hope) help all maven
1.0.xusers to migrate to maven
1.1.

>  I opened an issue to not forgot to do it before the RC1 :
> > http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MAVEN-1789
> >  I did the change locally and it works fine. I'll try to commit it
> > and to
> > publish a snapshot ASAP.
> >
> >  Is there someone who planned to work on
> > http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/WAGON-62 to allow us to know the
> > user agent
> > used to download artifacts ?
>
> I believe that Joakim said he would take a crack at this. This is not
> critical but would help with some stats gathering.

No it's not critical. It's just that it could be better if I can use it in
the next release :-)

Arnaud