maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Manuel Ledesma" <manuel.lede...@comcast.net>
Subject RE: manually managing external dependencies in maven 2
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2006 02:57:51 GMT
Look at this page, it might help u

http://maven.apache.org/eclipse-plugin.html

-----Original Message-----
From: fogwolf [mailto:taviny@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2006 5:24 PM
To: dev@maven.apache.org
Subject: manually managing external dependencies in maven 2

Hi,

I'm using Maven 2 for managing my Java projects in Eclipse & am wondering
how I can manually get Maven to check for any new external dependencies in
my pom.xml & automatically download them to the local repository without
having to call "maven compile". I have a Java Mojo that I run after adding
dependencies to a project's pom which updates Eclipse's .classpath file with
any added dependencies but then Eclipse flags the project with an error if
it's not a dependency already stored in my local repository. How could I add
a step to download any new dependencies from this plugin I've written?

Thanks!