maven-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey De Smet <ge0ffrey.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [discuss] Java 5
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 11:51:37 GMT
(user votes)

+1 Starting with Continuum/MRM as it might trigger some issues which
yield experience before doing Maven

+1 On FAQ documentation on how to run maven in JDK 1.5 but compile with
JDK 1.3/1.4 API's (not just -source).

I would really like the ability to write tiger annotated maven
plugins... but as I understand that the minimum JDK for plugins is the
same as the minimum JDK for maven itself. That's probably a good thing, so:
+1 for maven, in a few months.

For NetBeans: would it be possible to say "Netbeans works on 1.4 but the
netbeans maven plugin only works if you are using JDK 1.5"?
To compare: "Acegi works on 1.4 but the acegi-tiger module only works if
you are using JDK 1.5".

--
With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet