maven-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Neeme Praks <ne...@apache.org>
Subject Re: unable to build 2.0.x branch
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 13:00:46 GMT

ok, thanks.

but that doesn't change the fact that I'm unable to build 2.0.x branch. :-P

Rgds,
Neeme

Carlos Sanchez wrote:
> I think that instructions are not right, see my comment in the page.
> 
> On 7/5/06, Neeme Praks <neeme@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to get Maven to work with WebDAV and was following
>> instructions on page
>> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Deploying+3rd+Party+Jars+With+WebDAV 
>>
>>
>> I checked out the branch made the changes and tried to build it. Didn't
>> succeed.
>>
>> Then I reverted my changes and gave it another try. Still an error.
>>
>> The issue seems to be with version resolution of wagon-provider-api.
>> Artifact manager DefaultWagonManagerTest gets
>> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
>> org.apache.maven.wagon.repository.Repository.setProtocol(Ljava/lang/String;)V 
>>
>>
>> I checked, the method is there (at least in 1.0-beta-1).
>>
>> What is the best way to solve this?
>> Why isn't continuum getting the same error?
>>
>> Rgds,
>> Neeme
>>
>> attached also two output files:
>>   * mvn install
>>   * mvn -X install (you can see dependency resolution here)
>>
>> before I ran the install command, I also did SVN update:
>> C:\install\mvn-src\maven-2.0.x>svn up
>> At revision 419214.
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
>>
>> Battery: org.apache.maven.artifact.manager.DefaultWagonManagerTest
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
>>
>> testDefaultWagonManager(org.apache.maven.artifact.manager.DefaultWagonManagerTest)

>>
>> testGetWagonRepository(org.apache.maven.artifact.manager.DefaultWagonManagerTest)

>>
>>
>> [ stdout ] 
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>
>> [ stderr ] 
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>
>> [ stacktrace ] 
>> -----------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: 
>> org.apache.maven.wagon.repository.Repository.setProtocol(Ljava/lang/String;)V 
>>
>>         at 
>> org.apache.maven.artifact.manager.DefaultWagonManagerTest.assertWagonRepository(DefaultWagonManagerTest.java:128)

>>
>>         at 
>> org.apache.maven.artifact.manager.DefaultWagonManagerTest.testGetWagonRepository(DefaultWagonManagerTest.java:70)

>>
>>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>         at 
>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) 
>>
>>         at 
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

>>
>>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
>>         at junit.framework.TestCase.runTest(TestCase.java:154)
>>         at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(TestCase.java:127)
>>         at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:106)
>>         at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124)
>>         at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:109)
>>         at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:118)
>>         at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:208)
>>         at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:203)
>>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>         at 
>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) 
>>
>>         at 
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

>>
>>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
>>         at 
>> org.codehaus.surefire.battery.JUnitBattery.executeJUnit(JUnitBattery.java:246) 
>>
>>         at 
>> org.codehaus.surefire.battery.JUnitBattery.execute(JUnitBattery.java:220)
>>         at 
>> org.codehaus.surefire.Surefire.executeBattery(Surefire.java:203)
>>         at org.codehaus.surefire.Surefire.run(Surefire.java:152)
>>         at org.codehaus.surefire.Surefire.run(Surefire.java:76)
>>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>         at 
>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) 
>>
>>         at 
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

>>
>>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
>>         at 
>> org.codehaus.surefire.SurefireBooter.run(SurefireBooter.java:104)
>>         at 
>> org.apache.maven.test.SurefirePlugin.execute(SurefirePlugin.java:229)
>>         at 
>> org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:412)

>>
>>         at 
>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:534)

>>
>>         at 
>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:475)

>>
>>         at 
>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:454)

>>
>>         at 
>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:306)

>>
>>         at 
>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:273)

>>
>>         at 
>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:140)

>>
>>         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:322)
>>         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:115)
>>         at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:256)
>>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>         at 
>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) 
>>
>>         at 
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

>>
>>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
>>         at 
>> org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:315)
>>         at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:255)
>>         at 
>> org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:430)
>>         at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:375)
>> testGetWagonRepositoryNullProtocol(org.apache.maven.artifact.manager.DefaultWagonManagerTest)

>>
>>
>> [ stdout ] 
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>
>> [ stderr ] 
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>
>> [ stacktrace ] 
>> -----------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: 
>> org.apache.maven.wagon.repository.Repository.setProtocol(Ljava/lang/String;)V 
>>
>>         at 
>> org.apache.maven.artifact.manager.DefaultWagonManagerTest.testGetWagonRepositoryNullProtocol(DefaultWagonManagerTest.java:98)

>>
>>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>         at 
>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) 
>>
>>         at 
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

>>
>>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
>>         at junit.framework.TestCase.runTest(TestCase.java:154)
>>         at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(TestCase.java:127)
>>         at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:106)
>>         at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124)
>>         at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:109)
>>         at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:118)
>>         at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:208)
>>         at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:203)
>>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>         at 
>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) 
>>
>>         at 
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

>>
>>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
>>         at 
>> org.codehaus.surefire.battery.JUnitBattery.executeJUnit(JUnitBattery.java:246) 
>>
>>         at 
>> org.codehaus.surefire.battery.JUnitBattery.execute(JUnitBattery.java:220)
>>         at 
>> org.codehaus.surefire.Surefire.executeBattery(Surefire.java:203)
>>         at org.codehaus.surefire.Surefire.run(Surefire.java:152)
>>         at org.codehaus.surefire.Surefire.run(Surefire.java:76)
>>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>         at 
>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) 
>>
>>         at 
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

>>
>>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
>>         at 
>> org.codehaus.surefire.SurefireBooter.run(SurefireBooter.java:104)
>>         at 
>> org.apache.maven.test.SurefirePlugin.execute(SurefirePlugin.java:229)
>>         at 
>> org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:412)

>>
>>         at 
>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:534)

>>
>>         at 
>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:475)

>>
>>         at 
>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:454)

>>
>>         at 
>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:306)

>>
>>         at 
>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:273)

>>
>>         at 
>> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:140)

>>
>>         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:322)
>>         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:115)
>>         at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:256)
>>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>         at 
>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) 
>>
>>         at 
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

>>
>>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
>>         at 
>> org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:315)
>>         at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:255)
>>         at 
>> org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:430)
>>         at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:375)
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@maven.apache.org
>> For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@maven.apache.org
>>
>>
>>
> 
> 


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@maven.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@maven.apache.org


Mime
View raw message