maven-dev mailing list archives

From "John Allen" <john_h_al...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Re: Common API for issue tracking systems
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2006 13:04:31 GMT
A generic activity management API would get a big +1 from me (re naming, we use JIRA for much
more than bug tracking)

While building an integrated ALM environment i had to cobble together some build system interfaces
too - a common API for such systems would be very useful too?
(LuntBuild/QuickBuild/Continuum/AntHill/CruiseControl)John

> Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 12:23:45 +0100> From: markhobson@gmail.com> To: dev@maven.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Common API for issue tracking systems> > On 04/07/06, Steve Loughran <stevel@apache.org>
wrote:> > very +1 too, though I'd like it decoupled from any partiucular build> >
tool if possible, primarily because you can do other things outside the> > build itself.
Imagine apps auto-opening bugreps on system crashes, for> > example.> > I agree,
and this is exactly what my bugzilla code is used for at the> moment - when a system crashes
it files a bug report with a crash> report attached in bugzilla.> > It'd be good
to see a shared project providing this abstraction that> could be used by maven, mylar