maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Mike Perham" <Mike.Per...@webifysolutions.com>
Subject RE: [RANT] This Maven thing is killing us....
Date Sat, 01 Jul 2006 20:15:22 GMT

Agreed, but how do we solve the problem?  My suggestion does not force
anyone to change their POMs _unless_ they want them hosted at central.
The issue is that anything hosted at central necessarily becomes a
publicly available component that others can use.  If people want to use
the conventions, fine, but there obviously needs to be a higher standard
to make your component publicly available for use by others.  We are
hurting nobody but ourselves by distributing poorly defined POMs because
inevitably the Maven project as a whole gets the blame.

mike