maven-dev mailing list archives

From Allan Ramirez <arami...@exist.com>
Subject Re: deploy:deploy-file
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 15:15:32 GMT
Hi,

This should be on the users mailing list. anyway, to answer your question,

When using deploy-deploy-file goal and encountered this error

"Error deploying artifact: Unsupported Protocol: 'ftp': Cannot find
wagon which supports the requested protocol: ftp"

You only have to place the appropriate wagon provider to your %M2_HOME%/lib.
In this case the provider needed is ftp, so we have to place the
wagon-ftp jar to the lib of your m2 installation.

If the error description is something like

"Error deploying artifact: Unsupported Protocol: 'ftp': Cannot find
wagon which supports the requested protocol: ftp
org/apache/commons/net/ftp/FTP"

Place also the commons-net jar to %M2_HOME%/lib.

You can find the wagon-ftp here
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/wagon/wagon-ftp/

Cheers,
allan