maven-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [discuss] Java 5
Date Sun, 09 Jul 2006 08:27:16 GMT
Trygve Laugstøl wrote:
> Brett Porter wrote:
>> I believe qdox has been fixed and we just need an upgrade, but I'm not
>> sure. AFAIK it doesn't work with the current version.
>
> It does not work in current version of the java plugin tool since qdox
> 1.5 doesn't support generics.
>
> I tried to upgrade to qdox 1.6-SNAPSHOT and it works for some stuff. It
> does not support enumerations which I tried to add to the grammar file
> with some success.
>
> Does anyone know if there is anyone maintaining the qdox project that we
> can contact?

I tried to get on the qdox dev-list a couple of weeks ago, but the
subscribe mail came back:
   "<dev-subscribe@qdox.codehaus.org>:
    Sorry, I couldn't find any host by that name."
This could have something to do with the crash at codehaus earlier. Or
it might just be that the info on the site is outdated. It was last
published on 02 November 2004.

It does seems that development has halted by looking at the mailing list
archive. The archive can be found here, by the way:
   http://www.nabble.com/qdox---dev-f12030.html

I found this question on the dev list at
http://www.nabble.com/Anyone-developing-QDox--tf705135r1.html

   > Is anyone currently developing QDox?

   Short answer: no.

   Long answer: All the previous maintainers (including myself) seem to
   have other/higher priorities these days.  For my own part, I haven't
   actually USED QDox for a couple of years now, so my incentive to spend
   time on it has disappeared.

   What we really need is a sufficiently motivated user (or two) to step

   up to the plate and get things moving again.

There are currently 5 open issues for 1.6 and it has been like that for
a while. I thought that I might try to convince them to release the
current trunk as 1.6 so that projects, that can not use snapshots in
releases, could start using it. The current trunk has some, but not all,
Java 5 features implemented.

--
Dennis Lundberg