maven-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r419367 - /maven/plugins/trunk/maven-jar-plugin/pom.xml
Date Sat, 08 Jul 2006 14:52:08 GMT
There was trouble downloading the parent pom. Since I was working on a
plugin I had only added a snapshot repo for plugins. But somewhere
higher up in the hierarchy chain there was a snapshot version of a pom
that was *not* in the plugins snapshot repo, instead it was in the
regular snapshot repo. Adding both snapshot repos in the profile solved
that.

Edwin Punzalan wrote:

> what problem(s) did you get?
>

> Dennis Lundberg wrote:
>> Brett Porter wrote:
>>> Hi Dennis,
>>>
>>> These should be inherited from the parent if you set the parent to
>>> 2-SNAPSHOT. This will also use a more recent snapshot of the plugin
>>> plugin which has the improved formatting of the goal parameter tables
>>> and doesn't overwrite your index.html :)
>>
>> Sorry about that, I'll fix it ASAP. I just copied it from
>> maven-javadoc-plugin :)
>>
>> When I tried to bump the parent to SNAPSHOT-2, I ran into strange
>> behavior. To be able to get this to work I put the ASF snapshot repo
>> in a profile. But now I have to supply  -P<profileId> on every run.
>> There must be a better way.
>>

>>> Cheers,
>>> Brett

Dennis Lundberg