maven-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [vote] release maven-pmd-plugin 2.1
Date Sat, 08 Jul 2006 00:08:07 GMT
Brett Porter wrote:
> +1, pending the resolution of MPMD-36 (pom packaging, could be a won't
> fix) and MPMD-34 (docs have one failure in docck).
>
> One thing to watch out for - currently the parent is plugin parent
> 2-SNAPSHOT. We might need to either release that (setting the
> plugin-plugin report to latest and just ensuring 2.0.5-SNAPSHOT is
> installed to get the latest site), or roll back to 1 if there is a
> problem with the circular dependencies.

Shouldn't we also lock the versions of the plugins used in the plugin
parent? Both maven-jxr-plugin and maven-javadoc-plugin are unversioned
in it.

It took me a while, and some -X running, before I realized that Maven
was using 2.0-beta-2 of the maven-javadoc-plugin although 2.0 is
available in my local repo.

--
Dennis Lundberg