maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RANT] This Maven thing is killing us....
Date Sun, 02 Jul 2006 23:23:49 GMT
You are right. It was turned off in the late betas because we were'nt
going to have time to verify the entire repository.

With the availability of tools, I think this could be reinstated for
2.1, but I've since rethought it and would rather do this in a way that
is more predictable (ie, even if the old POM is broken and we change it,
people can still get reproducible builds by building against the old
version).

Some of this was captured in a discussion I brought up about the POM,
probably back in January. I fully intend to drag it back up when we get
into the swing of 2.1.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter <brett@apache.org>