maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Carlos Sanchez" <car...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Guide for relocating artifacts from one groupId to another
Date Sat, 08 Jul 2006 14:02:38 GMT
Some comments

- add SHA1 checksums where you mention MD5. Maven2 uses first SHA1 if present

- Maven2 to Maven 2 / Releasing the next version

 When the next release of <<<foo>>> is made, you only need to publish a
Maven 2
 pom with a groupId of <<<org.bar>>>, since users of previous versions have
 already been informed of the changed groupId.

If users have cached the poms in the old groupid maven won't know
about the relocation, so you still need to publish poms for next
versions in old locations in order for the user to see the warning.

> Committed for review:
>    http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=420011
>
> I have not created a link to this page in the index page yet. Will do
> that if review goes well.
>
> Brett Porter wrote:
> > CTR
> >
> > On 6/07/2006 7:10 AM, Dennis Lundberg wrote:
> >> Do you prefer
> >> - commit then review
> >> or
> >> - review then commit