maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Re: Common API for issue tracking systems
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2006 18:04:55 GMT
Hi,

One person who should definitely be pulled into the discussion is Mik
Kersten. He's the fellow who works on Mylar and has integration for
Bugzilla and JIRA and I think Mantis. He's got some code that would
definitely be of use.

Mik, are you interested creating a general library for issue
management here?

Sorry for just pulling you in here but I figure it's just easier to
get you involved as the topic has come up :-)

Jason.

On 3 Jul 06, at 5:07 PM 3 Jul 06, Mark Hobson wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I was wondering whether any thought had been given to an abstract
> issue tracking API with implementations for Bugzilla, JIRA, etc.?  I
> can see a couple of uses within maven:
>
> * Querying the issues fixed when releasing a new version of a project,
> to be used within the maven-changes-plugin
>
> * Creating a new version of a product in the underlying issue tracking
> system when releasing a new version of a project
>
> I couldn't see this abstraction in the maven-changes-plugin, but
> correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> I've recently written some code to programmatically manipulate
> Bugzilla, and thought this could be expanded into a general-purpose
> abstract API for manipulating issue tracking systems.  Rather like
> Wagon is to transports and SCM is to SCMs.
>
> It'd be good to see Bugzilla support within maven and I'd be
> interested in people's thoughts.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mark

Jason van Zyl