maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Mik Kersten" <beat...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Common API for issue tracking systems
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2006 20:24:06 GMT
Thanks for pulling me in Jason, this is good timing.  In terms of Mylar's
'Connectors' we currently have a robust and well tested framework for
querying Bugzilla and JIRA.  Trac will be ready for experimentation within a
week or so, and no, there is no Mantis connector yet.  The Bugzilla
connector is already being used headless on the server by other projects,
and we are a bout to de-couple the generic task/issue management API from
Eclipse as well.

It would be great to have Maven be a driver for that and we would be happy
to package the API in a way that makes it easy for Maven to consume.  To get
started, would it suffice if we produced a JAR with a JRE 1.5 and
org.eclipse.runtime dependency that provided you API for doing the
following:
1) create a repository (e.g. bugzilla)
2) query the repository, get bugs back, check values
3) operate on one or more bugs (e.g. change milestones, submit)

Mik

--
Mik Kersten, http://kerstens.org/mik
Mylar Project Lead, http://eclipse.org/mylar