maven-dev mailing list archives

From Kenney Westerhof <ken...@apache.org>
Subject apply MNG-2293 to maven-2.0.x?
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 15:20:14 GMT

Hi there,

This issue is about adding an 'implementation' parameter to the
@parameter annotation for mojo fields, so you can specify a default
implementation in case the field's type is an interface.

Since it's a new feature, I'm asking whether this should be applied to
the 2.0.x branch too?

I've discussed this with Carlos and he feels that we shouldn't apply to
2.0.x since this is a new feature. But if it should, I want to do this
ASAP so the overhead of updating the patch after other commits on the
branch could consume a lot of time..

I've applied the patch to the 2.0.x branch locally and all it tests pass.

There's currently no workaround for this in 2.0.x - it requires
maven-plugin-descriptor and maven-core 2.1-SNAPSHOT.

WDYT?

-- Kenney