maven-dev mailing list archives

From <hermod.opstv...@dnbnor.no>
Subject RE: creating a new project with the MavenEmbedder
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2006 12:54:01 GMT
Hi

Have not had the time before now.

It still does not work. The basedir is still set to the current directory.

Which class is responsible for setting it?

Hermod

-----Original Message-----
From: hermod.opstvedt@dnbnor.no [mailto:hermod.opstvedt@dnbnor.no]
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2006 12:12 PM
To: dev@maven.apache.org
Subject: RE: creating a new project with the MavenEmbedder

Hi

I'll fix it, and give it a test run.

thnx
Hermod

-----Original Message-----
From: Trygve Laugstøl [mailto:trygvis@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2006 9:22 AM
To: Maven Developers List

hermod.opstvedt@dnbnor.no wrote:
> Hi
>
> I tried what you suggested, and it did create a project in a directory with the given
artifactId, i.e:

> mvn -f foo/pom.xml archetype:create -DartifactId=whatever <<< creates a project
under whatever and the output is :

[snip]

> Notice that the basedir from the log output does not match what was given as input parameter
to .setBasedir. It looks like it is ignoring it alltogether.

This is as I though, the archetype plugin doesn't use the basedir as it
should. Another guy at irc found out the same thing yesterday.

If you could try to fix the plugin yourself that would be great. What
needs to be done:

Add this to the mojo [1]:

     /**
      * @parameter expression="${basedir}"
      */
     private File basedir;

and replace

         map.put( "basedir", basedir );

with

         map.put( "basedir", basedir.getAbsolutePath() );

and try that. If it works please create an issue and submit the patch
like it's described in [2].

[1]:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/archetype/trunk/maven-archetype/maven-archetype-plugin/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/plugin/archetype/MavenArchetypeMojo.java
[2]: http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-m2-development.html

--
Trygve

entity to whom it is addressed. Please also be aware that the DnB NOR Group
cannot accept any payment orders or other legally binding correspondence with
customers as a part of an email.

This email message has been virus checked by the anti virus programs used
in the DnB NOR Group.