maven-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [vote] [m1] release xdoc-plugin-1.10
Date Sun, 11 Jun 2006 19:37:11 GMT
Here's some feedback on the new xdoc plugin. I've ran it on a couple of
Jakarta Commons components, which have various degrees of
xdoc-complexity. This is what has caught my eye:

- There is no longer a pdf.gif file under /images/. None of the tested
products has PDF docs generated, so this might be by design. Couldn't
find anything in the changelog that seemed to fit though.

- The "Downloads" link always shows up in the left hand navbar.

Sometimes it points to an "empty" page saying that the "project has not
released any version yet". See [beanutils] for an empty example.

Other times there is a non-empty page though, see [fileupload], but on
that page the download links does not work.

I don't know what triggers this. It seems that [fileupload] has
versions/version entries in project.xml whereas [beanutils] does not.
Anyway, I don't think the link should show up in the navbar if there is
nothing useful for the end-user on the page that it links to.

- On some components [beanutils] the title is missing "Downloads" after
the project name, on the downloads page.

- On some components [beanutils] the title is missing "Source
repository" after the project name, on the scm-usage page.

- The "Development process" link in the navbar now goes to a generated
page, which contains a link, instead of going to the url directly.

- The file rename from cvs-usage to scm-usage will mean some work for
us, but the change is well documented and it is "the right thing" to do.

--
Dennis Lundberg