maven-dev mailing list archives

From Lukas Theussl <ltheu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Removing default manifest entries
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 18:40:41 GMT

The manifest creation has changed in the last release of the m1 jar
plugin [1], which I did a few weeks ago. It was basically done in
accordance with this issue [1]. I discussed it with Stephane a few days
ago as he implemented the same thing in the m1 war plugin (to be
released soon) and we seemed to agree that this is a good way to do it.
The basic requirement is that a user should be able to get
specification/version information about any class/package he is using
via the methods of the java.lang.Package class [2]. Therefore, I think
it is a good idea to have Maven fill in some default values, as long as
the user is able to override them. The only thing I would change now is
to use pom.name for Specification-Title (instead of pom.shortDescription).

HTH,
-Lukas

[1] http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/plugins/jar/manifest.html
[2] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPJAR-36