maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Eclipse/OSGi and Maven 2
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 12:08:48 GMT
Wendell Beckwith wrote:
> I'm working with limited knowledge from both sides (always a combo for
> success) but can you clarify what you mean by a custom maven install?  Are
> you talking just for the dependency resolution stuff or are we going to
> need
> to change so much about maven that's darn near a fork?

Yep, you'll need to put a JAR into $M2_HOME/lib or similar that contains
the alternate dependency resolver. It can be completely separated, I think.

However, we generally don't want to have to modify the Maven install, so
if this is a common case we may want to support it via the POM. The
<extensions> tag is there for that purpose, but we may not find it is
loaded early enough for the dependency resolver.

Regardless, it will be possible to do this, and we can work to making it
cleaner afterwards.

- Brett