maven-dev mailing list archives

From Mikko Levonmaa <mikko.levon...@vega.fi>
Subject Re: Running a mojo inside from another mojo
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2006 12:17:45 GMT
>>On 6/8/06, Mikko Levonmaa <mikko.levonmaa@vega.fi> wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I'm tryin gto develop a plugin that will fiddle around with the >artifact
>> produced by the assembly plugin. I can run the AsseblyMojo inside
>> MyMojo, but how would I go about configuring the AssemblyMojos
>parameters?
>>
>> Or am I going about this the wrongway ;)
>
>Please correct me if I am wrong.
>
>I think that the usual way is to create a new mojo and introduce a base
>class.

Yep , this was my original approach.

>But I think that fields initialization of your new mojo (done by
>plexus) doesn't work accross Java packages, so you wll probably be out
>of luck and will have to create a wrapper with it's own similar
>config.

Hmmm... sounds a bit weird, since wouldn't this hinder the re-usage of
previously developed cool Mojos? As in my case I would like for the
assembly plugin to make the assembly from multiple modules and then my
mojo would to some magic to the result.

>Double check with official developers.

Can someone with more Maven under their belt comment this;)

Anyway,
Re: Thanks Jerome

Cheers,