maven-dev mailing list archives

From Stephane Nicoll <stephane.nic...@gmail.com>
Subject [m1] download source archive for IDE integration
Date Sun, 08 Jan 2006 09:32:35 GMT
Hi,

The maven one source plugin is now available in the plugins sandbox. I
hope it will be included in the core plugins asap. I can provide help
if anything needs to be improved/fixed.

Now we have a way to deploy the source archive to the repository, I
would like to integrate them with IDE plugins. Milos has already
updated the mevenide plugin, so that's fine.

Eclipse is the main next target. I would like to reuse maven
capabilities without reinventing the wheel. Some questions:

* Is there any way to hook into maven core to request the download of
some 'dependency'? Adding a dependency with type <java-sources> should
do the trick (but the one groupId / artifactId per project's
limitation) but I would like this to be done automatically
* If it is not possible, I can use HttpUtils, DownloadMeter and stuff
like that but I need the list of repositories, the proxy settings,
etc. Any way to retrieve the project's properties from Java souce code
invoked from Jelly (jellyBean).

Any other suggestion to implement this use case?

Thanks,
St├ęphane
--
.::You're welcome ::.