maven-dev mailing list archives

From Edwin Punzalan <epunza...@exist.com>
Subject Maven Repository Manager - Proxy
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2006 09:57:37 GMT

I've been looking at both proximity and maven-proxy features for reuse
with the MRM proxy.  I would like to ask you guys what you think on
these features:

    - browsable repositories
       -> maven-proxy browsability is on a per-repository browsing
       -> proximity browsability is a view of all the configured
repositories
       Q: If I am to be asked, both should be supported by MRM proxy.

    - statistics gatherer
       -> proximity have a stat gatherer which logs the hits of property
and file hits.
       Q: Should this be included? Any other data that should be
gathered?  I'm thinking like gathering the hits for each repository too.
And probably bad requests?

    - proxy support
       -> maven-proxy support the use of http-proxy/proxies
       Q: I think this should supported also.

    - cache timeout / expiration
       -> proximity uses Spring injection to configure which logic to use
       Q: Should the configuration be put to plexus? or should there be
a certain number of logics to choose from? Like dependency scopes.

Any other additional proxy features/capabilities that should be noted?
Your inputs are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.  ^_^