maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject [important] plugin statuses
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2006 05:00:08 GMT
Hi,

Some time back there was a proposal about plugin maintainers, and I
adapted that proposal for m2 a little. I don't think that our community
fits assigning a person to do something, so I'd like to try this.

Next Wednesday we have a board report due. I'd like to get the status of
*all* the plugins summarised by people currently interested/working on
them. Then we'll get some others to take a look and if something looks
close to a release or particularly neglected we can deal with it.

While we do all now, I think we can do a small group each month,
completing them all by the end of the next board report. So here I
assign some for end Jan, some for end Feb, some for end Mar. Remember,
this time we need to do them all.

We can try this inline, but maybe next time we need to find a better way.

Anyone have additional thoughts on this?

To be completed by Jan, April, July, Oct
clean
assembly
  * Cleaned up several issues. Prep release next month. New
functionality and significant bugfixes. X outstanding issues
ear
ejb
jar
plugin
rar
war
compiler
deploy
 * Just released. 1 outstanding minor issue
install
 * Just released. No outstanding issues
surefire
 * Just release. X outstanding issues
resources
source

To be completed by Feb, May, Aug, Nov
ant
antrun
 * Recently released. X outstanding issues.
antlr
release
repository
help
 * Preparing release. 2 new feature requests in JIRA for next release.
idea
eclipse
verifier

To be completed by Mar, Jun, Sep, Dec
checkstyle
clover
javadoc
pmd
 * Release in progress. No outstanding issues.
project-info-reports
site
 * Significant new work. Nearing 2.0 release. X outstanding issues

Thanks!
- Brett