maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: commit logs (svn commit: r365696)
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 22:08:04 GMT
I still have a problem with this template. Sorry to keep bringing this
up, but I'd really like consistency in this area.

Eugene made a good point about why the summary should go first, and why
we should be consistent:
http://www.jroller.com/page/eu?entry=cvs_comment_templates_please_don

Personally, I find the URL useless, but I have no problem with it being
an optional addition for those that are tooled up.

I don't think we should include the reporter in here. They are not
always the most relevant person to the issue (often, someone else did
most of the analysis or work/patch).

I think its essential we capture the person that submitted a patch fix
fore record keeping. And I'd like to keep using Submitted by: for that
so that one day we can pull those from the logs and update <contributors>.

- Brett