maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian E. Fox" <bri...@reply.infinity.nu>
Subject RE: Maven Repository Manager - Proxy
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2006 13:11:18 GMT
 "	-> Exclusion/inclusion list for groupIds global or per repository. It does not make sence
to check public repos for artifacts only available in the local repository of a company or
to request ibiblio for public repos, that are not synced."
+1 I was just about to right that. This is a major issue for me now and I needed to create
2 Maven_proxy instances to deal with this. It was very slow to have MP searching externally
all the time for internal artifacts.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jörg Schaible [mailto:Joerg.Schaible@Elsag-Solutions.com]
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2006 5:16 AM
To: Maven Developers List
Subject: RE: Maven Repository Manager - Proxy

Hi Edwin,

Edwin Punzalan wrote on Friday, January 20, 2006 10:58 AM:

> I've been looking at both proximity and maven-proxy features for reuse
> with the MRM proxy.  I would like to ask you guys what you think on
> these features:
>
>     - browsable repositories
>        -> maven-proxy browsability is on a per-repository browsing
>        -> proximity browsability is a view of all the configured
>        repositories Q: If I am to be asked, both should be supported
> by MRM proxy.

+1

	-> search. A single page with all elements in the proxy cache might do though

>     - statistics gatherer
>        -> proximity have a stat gatherer which logs the hits of
> property and file hits.
>        Q: Should this be included? Any other data that should be
> gathered?  I'm thinking like gathering the hits for each repository
> too.
> And probably bad requests?
>
>     - proxy support
>        -> maven-proxy support the use of http-proxy/proxies
>        Q: I think this should supported also.
>
>     - cache timeout / expiration
>        -> proximity uses Spring injection to configure which logic to
> use
>        Q: Should the configuration be put to plexus? or should there
> be a certain number of logics to choose from? Like dependency scopes.

	-> MAVENPROXY-36: Track updated check-sums to redownload artifacts

> Any other additional proxy features/capabilities that should be noted?

	-> Exclusion/inclusion list for groupIds global or per repository. It does not make sence
to check public repos for artifacts only available in the local repository of a company or
to request ibiblio for public repos, that are not synced.
	-> Track the response time from the servers and try to handle them ==> if you proxy
5 different repos and only one is currently not available or has very high response times,
a build with snapshots takes forever. So exclude servers automatically for a reasonable time
brefore trying again.
	-> Browsable report of upstream server anomalities

> Your inputs are greatly appreciated.

:)

- Jörg