maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@pivolis.com>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] Integration testing proposal for Maven 2.0.x
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2006 09:08:10 GMT

Yes. I actually meant "integration-test lifecycle phase" ;-)

> And in what phase will integration tests be compiled? Now we compile them
> (with our own plugin) in test-compile, but I think it is to early (if you
> want only
> invoke "mvn package", you don't need it compilation).

I think it can be done in 2 implementation steps. My first implementation
idea was to do it in test-compile and possibly add the new
integration-test-compile phase later on, with resources phase, etc too.

> Another "problem" with it compilation is that all our testing artifacts
> needed by
> integration tests, and not by unit tests have scope "test". There is not
> "it" scope.
> So they all (there are really many artifacts needed by cactus)

Come on, not that many jars! :-)

> are included in classpath for unit tests. Are we going to do something to
> avoid this, or is it ok?

I agree with you. We'd need an it scope.

I've created the following JIRA issues:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSUREFIRE-50
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-2009
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-2010