maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Pugh" <ep...@upstate.com>
Subject RE: please review: another site drop
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 13:35:44 GMT
Looks better, but I agree that the left nav is too long..  It's almost
overwhelming, I am not sure where to look...

So, some suggestions in no specific order:
1) Getting Maven and Getting Started seem like they should be the same
thing?  I can't get started with out getting maven, and if I already have
Maven, I probably don't need the installation instructions.
2) Using Maven and Reference seem like they could be in the same section,
and be collapsed submenus?  Or, maybe just move some things:
	- Sharing Plugins doesn't seem like a reference thing, but more of a Using
Maven thing
	- Uploading to Ibiblio seems like part of "Working with Repositories"..
	- Alternatively, what if a different breakdown:
	Instructions
		Plugins
		Projects
		Repositories
		Command Line
	and then put each section under there.  Then, expose in the top level the
Plugins/Projects/Repositories/Command Line, but make them each a collapsed
menu that opens..   More of a "topic" oriented organization.

3) I like the Related Projects section, I think it is key.  However, the
Maven Project heading seems to repeat the site..  Could you remove that and
relocate Maven-Plugins under something else?  That would save some space.
4) Move Maven Developers as a submenu of Project Documentation.  Folks who
care about project docs will also care about the stuff under Maven
Developers..
5) Move news and maven-blogs up..  People like to see that stuff when
evaluating a new project.
Just a couple suggestions, the docs are looking better!

Eric