maven-dev mailing list archives

From Maczka Michal <michal.mac...@imtf.ch>
Subject RE: Problem dynamically excluding some tests
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 12:12:02 GMT

I would propose you to put such logic into your test classes.
IMO it is better to address this problem globally
and "skip" system dependent tests also inside idea/eclipse when you are
Linux or Mac OS user etc.
So no matter if you are using maven, ant, eclipse or whatever else the given
test won't be executed in unsupported environment.

There are even some junit extensions (test runners) which are supporting
three states returned by test methods:
"success" "failure" and "skipped". In some situation this really makes sense
and test can be also "skipped"
for many reason e.g - becouse it was commented out.

Michal